October 26 Webinar – Public Health and Crisis Situations: Communicating and Connecting with Confidence
Public Health and Crisis Situations: Communicating and Connecting with Confidence
Thursday, October 26, 2023 | Virtual | 12:00 PM ET
Health communicators are important leaders in crisis response, and their role is essential during times of fear or uncertainty. Proactively strengthening your crisis communications plan is critical to reducing harm and distress during public health emergencies, from disease outbreak to environmental disasters. To support the nation’s public health emergency response network, this webinar will feature expert panelists who will share practical strategies, tools, and considerations to develop your organization’s approach to crisis communications.
Session topics will address:
- Tips for developing a strong crisis communications plan before emergency events
- How to create rapid response messages that resonate across audiences
- How to develop and implement a multi-channel approach
- Embedding emotional support and empathy in messaging
- Evaluation and improvement opportunities post-crisis
Public health communicators will hear from crisis communications experts and take away lessons learned from case studies across the field.