May 13, 2020 Webinar: Climate & Health 101
Climate & Health 101: A virtual workshop for healthcare professionals
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 | 6:30 – 7:30 PM EST
Changes to the global climate are creating health impacts that are being felt in our communities today. From more frequent hurricanes to sea level rise to the spread of diseases like Zika, Floridians face new and expanded risks to physical and mental health as the result of our warming Earth. Healthcare professionals play an important role in advocating for equitable community solutions that protect public health. Join Florida Clinicians for Climate Action, the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments and Marketing for Change for a virtual workshop to enhance your understanding of the climate and health connection and the resources available to healthcare professionals.
Continuing Education credits available (CEs) (for nurses only)
1. Basic understanding of climate change science
2. Understand the eight ways that climate change affects public health
3. Understand the health benefits of reducing pollution
4. Understand how some populations are more vulnerable than others and the importance of advocating for health equity
5. Understand the resources available to assist clinicians from the CDC, ANHE, and FCCA
6. Identify ways in your own practice to look for and recognize climate triggers, like heat, and vector-disease and understand potential solutions to protect patient health
This course is pending approval by the California Board of Registered Nurses, Provider Number CEP17198.