Feb 13, 2020: The Climate Crisis and Clinical Practice Symposium
Thursday, February 13, 2020
1:00 – 5:00 PM EST
Reception to follow
Joseph B. Martin Conference Center
77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA
Be part of the first symposium to bring together the leading health institutions around Greater Boston to tackle the effects of the climate crisis on clinical practice. Through this afternoon discussion:
- Learn how the climate crisis is altering clinical practice across specialties.
- Hear from clinicians and hospital leaders across the Boston medical community.
- Delve into strategies for addressing the effects of climate change on patients’ health.
Together we can develop bold, effective strategies to protect our patients, improve our delivery of care, and ensure the resiliency of our health care systems.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the connections between greenhouse gas emissions and health outcomes
- Apply their understanding of climate effects on health to understand opportunities to improve resilience in clinical practice
- Recognize the unique responsibility of clinicians to communicate about the health impacts of climate change
This activity is intended for the health care community: clinicians, clinical leaders, hospital leaders, health professional students, lay public engaged in climate crisis advocacy, media.
Partners HealthCare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Partners HealthCare System designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.