August 11 Webinar: Storytelling Training
In this training led by a team at Burness Communications, you will learn how to find and distill your own climate and health story in an effective, accessible, and responsible way. This webinar will be an hour and a half with a 30-minute workshop at the end that we encourage you to stay for if you are able.
This webinar is part of a new initiative: Health Voices for Climate Action – a coalition of health and medical organizations collecting stories from health professionals on the front lines across the nation. We will support you in taking what you learn from this training to produce your own 60-90 second video on climate and health.
We will cover:
* Structure and components of a strong story.
* Examples of short, powerful narratives.
* Finding and distilling your own climate and health story – how to find the hook and the thread.
* Keeping the voice personal when we are talking about the problems and the solutions.
* Notes on how to position your audience strategically in your story and avoid “othering” or other harmful side effects.
* How to weave in systems and context to stories so they’re not about personal responsibility